Please read this policy in conjunction with our privacy notice, which sets out additional details on how we use personal data and your various rights.
What are cookies?
Cookies are data storage items placed on your computer by the applications you use or the websites you visit. They can be used to record specific information related to you, for example to provide internet traffic information to the owners of the website. First-party storage use is set directly by the website the user is visiting, i.e. the URL displayed in the browser's address bar. Third-party storage use is set by a content based on a domain other than the one the user is visiting. This typically occurs when the website incorporates elements from other sites, such as images, social media plugins or advertising. When the browser or other software fetches these elements from the other sites, they can set cookies as well.
First and third party cookies can fall into the following categories:
Cookies can be stored in different technical ways. HTML 5 Local Storage, Session Storage and IndexedDB storage are such commonly used browser storage methods, as well as the traditional HTTP cookies.
- HTTP Cookies. These files are automatically transmitted to us, or to a third-party server, when you visit our site
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around websites when they are using them. This helps improve the way the websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise users when users return to a website. This enables us to personalise content for data subjects, greet data subjects by name and remember data subject’s preferences (e.g. choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record data subjects’ visit to websites, the pages visited, and the links followed we use this information to our website(s) and the advertising displayed thereon more relevant to users’ interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the services to but only with your consent:
- Help understand and improve how visitors use the websites, including which pages and products are viewed most frequently;
- More effectively market products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to data subjects;
- Obtain feedback on products and services;
- Allow engagement on social media offerings.
For further information on how your data is used, how we maintain the security of your data, and your rights to access personal data we hold on you, please see our Privacy Notice
Last updated on Thursday, July 20, 2023
If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful:
You can opt-out of the current settings, other than the strictly necessary cookies, at anytime.